I’ve always wanted to do one of these kinds of posts. It was an easy decision to do one today since last month I had the courage to collide with destiny and now I am attempting to figure out how to become a master juggler.
So, the theme for this month is “Express Yourself”. I like this simplified definition by Christine Arylo, it reads that self-expression is, “the choice to let the world see you, fully, truthfully, and without apology or holding back. Full, free expressions of your heart and soul.” I figured the start of the 4th quarter was a great time to let it all “hang out”. At this point in the game we’ve really got nothing to lose right? So go ahead…Be You!
Here are 10 quotes to help inspire you to Express more of who you really are.
1) “ Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you really need to do, in order to have what you want.” -Margaret Young
2) “Put yourself, and your work, out there every day, and you’ll start meeting some amazing people.” -Bobby Solomon
3) “The question of, “Why, me here now,” requires that you not just ask, but that you act. You must look for ways to apply the purpose of your life to the needs of others and when you do, a sea of possibility opens up.” Bertice Berry
4) “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”- Brene Brown
5) “To be nobody-but-yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody but yourself-means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight-and never stop fighting.” -E.E. Cummings
6) “Remember what you love, not because of who you are supposed to be or what you should be doing, but because this is who you are at the core of your soul.” –Christine Arylo
7) “Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you’ve never been hurt and live like it’s heaven on Earth.”- Mark Twain
8) “Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart…If a person is living out his Personal Legend, he knows everything he needs to know. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” –the Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
9) “The reality is, I like imperfection. You take away from the world when you\’re not yourself. Whatever is unique and special about you was designed by God. And when you try to be someone else, we don\’t get you. Who knows what you would have contributed to the world had you just been yourself, if you had just celebrated who you are and just walked boldly?” -Queen Latifah
10) “Think of a fine painter attempting to capture an inner vision, beginning with one corner of the canvas, painting what he thinks should be there, not quite pulling it off covering it over with white paint and trying again, each time finding what his painting isn’t until finally he finds out what it is.” –Anne Lamott
Until Next Time…Peace!
Did you enjoy reading this? Awesome! I’d like to invite you to sign up here to receive new blog posts in your inbox when they update…
Oh! By the way, if you want to learn more about the blogger of this post feel free to check out my about page.