It’s been awhile since I’ve added any content to the Inspirations and Affirmations category. So, I found this piece I received some time ago, and thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy!
The esteem in which we hold ourselves is the single most important factor in determining out success and our happiness. If you know that you deserve success, that is precisely how you will think and act. Here are 7 methods you can use to help raise your self-esteem.
- Affirm each day that you and only you determine your self worth. Don’t ever judge yourself based upon the opinions of others.
- Practice living your life based on inner signals. Permitting your life to be taken over by another person is like letting a waiter eat your dinner, and you’re stuck with the bill.
- Learn to welcome failures. High self-esteem comes from belief that all obstacles are lessons rather than proof of your incompetence as a person.
- Remind yourself each day that NOW is the working unit of your life. (The past is behind you and the future isn’t promised, so live each day and truly live it!)
- Eliminate self-depreciating statements from your vocabulary. Stop telling yourself, “I have no talent” and replace it with “I know I can learn this with practice”.
- Stop expecting other people to understand you! You must decide if you like your behavior. If not, then change it without expecting anyone else to agree with you or understand you. Your life will only make sense when you don’t need other people to confirm that it does.
- Take small risks each day and praise yourself for doing so, regardless of the outcome. Simply remind yourself how terrific you are for taking a risk and growing as a human being.
As I type this piece up, I feel just as empowered as I did when it was first given to me. Affirmations are there to remind us of our foundation, keep us focused on the bigger picture, and remain true to honoring our values. I hope these affirmations help you if you’re ever feeling off balanced and need to return to your center. If you would like to add to this list, I would love to hear from you.
Until Next Time…Peace, Love, and Wellness!
Oh! By the way, if you want to learn more about the blogger of this post feel free to check out my about page.
Sign up here for a free copy of The ABC Method to Managing Your Mental Health While Running a Business.
I love this, and I find this to be so true. Especially #4. It’s so easy to live in the past, or put your life on hold until you think you need something in order to move forward. Thank you for the words of wisdom!
I’m glad you enjoyed it Kalley!
I LOVE #2; the line with the waiter made me chortle. But what a great post. It’s all about self-love. If people truly loved themselves, then this world would be a lot less screwed, and relationships would actually work.
Welcome Amaya! I agree, I think this world would be better if the people in it learned to love themselves first. One of my favorite quotes is “Be the change you want to see in the world”. It starts at home.
Off topic…but I love your blog title. It sounds like a title of a best seller 🙂
Thanks for stopping by IAAMM! Hmmmm I think you’re on to something 😉 It was originally “Reflections of Asummermoon” but I decided to change the title to “A Summer Moon” for various reasons. I plan on doing a blog post specifically on how I came up with the name “Asummermoon” so stay tuned….
Ty for sharing this.Good post btw.. God Bless U:)
Thanks Poetic, God Bless U too!